Painting my Red Chest!
I bought a red chest at a flea market several years ago. I have always liked the red color. It houses undershirts and socks for my husband in our bedroom. The rest of my bedroom is beige, a dark champagne color, and light blue turquoise. I thought about painting this red chest to the blue – turquoise color.
I changed my mind a few weeks ago. I was showing a subdivision model home and the living room couch was the dark champagne color and the throw pillows were beige with a red and turquoise pattern. The house was decorated with the red and turquoise theme. Those colors really look good together.
So I decided to paint a large heron bird with flowers on the front of this red chest. I think it turned out well. Now I need to add a few throw pillows with the red and turquoise pattern to my bed. I have an old dresser that I plan to paint red, then turquoise and distress to go with this piece. I will post pictures of the dresser once I get it finish.
- Play with Red! Shades and Shapes (education.com)
- Turquoise and ? (artfulparent.typepad.com)
- Yard Sale Vases put on a New Face! (teresacjohnson.wordpress.com)
- Painting my Red Chest! (teresacjohnson.wordpress.com)
- Baby Present for my Niece! (teresacjohnson.wordpress.com)